1. Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
3. As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
5. Credit Card details are only stored for the processing of payment and will be deleted once payment is processed.
6. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
7. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
8. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
9. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
10. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
11. IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
12. Cookies and Applets
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site.
This website uses features to target advertising to people based on Google Analytics and other data. This allows us to display ads that relate to products and services you have viewed on our website as you browse other sites on the Google Display Network. These ads are displayed using a combination of 1st and 3rd party cookies. If you would like to opt-out of customised Google Display Network ads you can using the Ads Preferences Manager (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/). You can also use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) so you are not tracked into Google Analytics.
From time to time, we may use collected information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our website.
13. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
14. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
15. We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
17. For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site; https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
Weight loss surgery with Dr Durmush and the Life Weight Loss Centre has changed Graham’s life in ways he could have only dreamed of. Today, Graham is fighting fit and shows no visible signs of a man who once struggled with his weight.
In a recent Q&A with the Life Weight Loss Centre, Graham opened up about life after weight loss surgery and why weight loss surgery with Dr Durmush was the best health decision he could have made.
What were your initial thoughts when weight loss surgery was suggested to you by your heart surgeon?
I’d heard of weight loss surgery, but I’d never taken any notice of it. I had questions about it – because of my age more than anything else. But I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever; it’s a new life for me.
Why was dieting not a workable solution for your weight and health management?
Dieting was fine. Yes, I can lose weight on a diet, but only for so long and then I just couldn’t maintain it long-term. I got really fair dinkum about it a few years ago and lost about 16kg. After six months I just couldn’t maintain it anymore. I just couldn’t. But [weight loss surgery] is permanent and I know damn well now that I’m not going to be able to put that weight back on again.
How have your eating habits changed post weight loss surgery?
I struggle to eat very much at all now, but I graze. I might have food five or six times a day, but only small amounts. Before surgery I could eat four or five lamb cutlets with vegetables; now I can at a stretch eat two and then I’m totally full. I can pretty much eat anything, but only in very, very small quantities. I occasionally have a little piece of chocolate, but every time I see Dr Durmush he tells me, ‘remember Graham, sugar is your enemy’.
How has your lifestyle changed following weight loss surgery?
I go to the gym now. You’d never catch me in the gym before, but as soon everything had healed up after the surgery [three months] I got the okay from Dr Durmush. If I can, I go to the gym five days a week. I work pretty hard at the gym for about an hour and a quarter.
How has your approach to weight management changed as a result of having weight loss surgery?
I can’t really put on weight anymore. There’s just no room; my stomach’s not big enough to hold it.
How has weight loss surgery supported you as a diabetic?
My diabetes is pretty much back to where it should be. Where I was taking tablets plus insulin before the surgery, I’ve not touched insulin since surgery and I’m just on one tablet a day. So that’s been a huge plus for me, more than anything else actually.
Has your weight varied much over the 20 months since your weight loss surgery?
Dr Durmush told me I might put on two or three kilograms. I’m at 74kg now and it goes up and down by a little. It might go up to 75kg and then it’ll come down again on a daily basis. It’s maintained itself at that level. And I’m comfortable. I’m not lacking anything and I’ve noticed a massive difference in my fitness levels. But, as I said, I work at it.
What can you share about being a patient of Dr Durmush?
I found him to be very good. I’ve got absolutely no complaints at all. He has a psychologist with him at his clinic who I had a visit with, and he’s also got a dietician as part of his team who I visited with. He’s got these little models in his office and he explained things very thoroughly. He had a really good manner about him. I did enjoy it. I have since had further surgery with him. I developed a double hernia and he did that for me. It was nothing to do with the weight loss surgery; it was because of pushing myself in the gym.
Would you recommend weight loss surgery with Dr Durmush for people struggling with managing their weight?
Yes, absolutely. I would recommend it to anybody who is really struggling. And Dr Durmush especially. His attention to detail and his personal, hands-on approach made me as a patient feel very safe and comfortable about what was about to happen. I’ve had absolutely no problems with him now on two occasions. He follows up to make sure everything’s okay and to check that there’s no problems.
If Graham’s story inspires you to think about how to better address your weight management, contact the Life Weight Loss Centre now on 1300 669 259 for a confidential discussion, or you can fill out our online enquiry form below and we will contact you shortly.
Request a callback from one of our friendly Practice Managers